What you know about moon boots, son?
So we played a show with Clementine & the Galaxy at Mercury Lounge for their EP release on April 16th–and alls we can say is, holy smokes. Firstly, Julie Hardy, lead vocalist and all-out glamazon, fucking blew our heads off with those pipes.
She was also wearing probably the sexiest robot pantsuit we’ve ever seen. Like Tron…meets…dominatrix. They dazzled the crowd with a sexy combination of moody electro beats, amazing harmonies and a hauntingly good cover of Nirvana’s “Heart Shaped Box” that we’ve had on repeat ever since.
Also sing-alongs! Those are fun. A few of us CBC members got to jump on stage and sing backup vocals to their anthemic, love against all odds-type jam for the show finale.
We had a blast on stage opening up for them. The crowd was thick (bodies on bodies), tipsy and game for a dance party—which is pretty much all we’re hungry for, really. So we had a good time and hope to play with those dudes again.
Feast your eyeholes on their latest single “Robot” off their newly released, self-titled EP. In which we see a bit more of Julie the Dominatrix Robot. Or just robot…the dominatrix part might only exist in our fantasies…“Robot” – Clementine & the Galaxy
Catch shots of these glamazons and more @coldbloodclub on the Instagrams.
Like a lot (seriously…a lot) of bands this year, CBC decided one night after a few beers: “South by…why the fuck not?” So we took time off our day jobs and piled onto a plane (then piled into a couple of Budget Rent-A-
Cars) and hit the road to Austin.
You get different stories depending on who you talk to, but we found it surprisingly easy // awesome to stick to the fringes of this batshit insane, weeklong music fest because even on the fringes you’re in the middle of a lot of cool shit.
We picked up 5 shows, including Rusty’s on Friday night and played with // met // hung out with some cool bands like My Gold Mask, White Girl and Shinobi Ninja. As cool local peeps go, the dudes in the awesome metal band Thunderosa had to be our favorites.
Other notably good times:
1. Trollin’ the streets full of hipsters and trannies and drunken frat boys at night, slapping CBC sticker on any clear surface we found (including right on the actual street…like, the tar part).
2. Gettin’ an awesome crowd-wide, call-and-response party happening—all we did was shout “SHUT IT DOWN!” really loudly, while trollin’ an anonymous, but probably uber-famous, rapper’s concert.
3. The DELI MAG show at Rusty’s was pretty awesome because the crowd was amazing and Kendra’s family was in the house!
5. Our rental house and Austin hosts. Amazing place, great people.
6. ZOMG ALL THE FREE PARTIES. Got liquored up proper, enjoyed performances from some pretty sweet acts, including George Clinton and Erykah Badu, Hank & Cupcakes, Solid Gold and Marijuana Death Squad.
7. BBQ. We ate ALL the meat (except Hilary, who’s a lame vegetarian or whatever).
8. Solange Knowles’ yellow lemon dress and her army of afro’d supermodel sistahs. God, they put us to shame.
9. Our fans, big and small. Special shout out to our awesome teen fans from Key Bar! We think the guys were jealous that our new teen girl fans only wanted a picture with Kendra, Hilary and Adina.
10. The sound guys. Friendly and ornery. Special shout out to Billy from Key Bar!
HELL YES! Cold Blood Club is headed to SXSW 2013!
A few reasons why this has us so excited:
2) This is our first time here, and we plan on tearin’ shit up proper…
3) Both by consuming as many tacos and beers as possible and also by playing 4 (and counting?) KICK ASS shows while we’re there.
4) We’ll be tweeting, Instagramming and filming like some super freaks too, so follow us if you a) wanna come out to see us perform b) wanna hook up with us for tacos and tequila shots c) can’t be in Austin this year but wanna stay updated on the shenanigans!
Get all of our show deets here:
See you in Austin!
Hey everyone, welcome to Coldbloodclub.com! A million thanks to Mr. Henry Beguiristain (of the excellent band Aloud) for making our dreams of internet presence come true! Please stay tuned as we beef up the content…